Different from ordinary Massage therapy in that it is a type of Massage Therapy which is focused on treating painful conditions which affect the soft tissues of the body. Orthopedic massage focuses on problems with the client's musculoskeletal system. Therapy releases tight muscles, helps to stretch shortened muscles and tendons, and decompresses joints. The goal is to normalize the soft tissues of the body, both to treat specific conditions and to keep clients generally healthy and fit. Integration of a range of massage therapy techniques treat these conditions.
Get a Free 30 Minute Consulation
Benefits of Orthopedic Massage
After orthopedic surgery in both clinics and homes, a study of 60 patients recovering from arthroscopic knee procedures was conducted. Researchers found that massage therapy provided an affordable, safe, and effective alternative to prescription painkillers.
Though orthopedic massage has been shown to be particularly effective for certain physical injuries, including:
- Back pain and spasms
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Knee pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis and golfers’ elbows
- Whiplash injuries
What to Expect from an Orthopedic Massage Session
New Patients - What to Expect
Therapy That Makes Sense™
The Initial Appointment - 90 Minutes
- A thorough review of your health history & concerns.
- Assessment of your body's posture & stance.
- A complete hands-on evaluation, and discussion of goals for treatment.
- We then create a plan of care that is customized to your needs.
- Thorough hands-on treatment.
- While you receive treatment, we will explain the issue, being addressed by each technique. Your questions are always welcomed and encouraged.
- We encourage you to dress in comfortable clothing. The best are oversized T shirts and cotton or sweat pants to allow freedom of movement.
Followup Appointments - 60 Minutes.
All followup appointments include:
- A detailed assessment of your current condition
- Thorough hands-on treatment based on your current assessment.
- At the conclusion of the appointment, We will make recommendations on scheduling future appointments.
- The frequency of appointments vary based on your needs and condition.
- Typically you are scheduled for treatment every one to two weeks until your condition improves. Then we enter a maintenance phase during which appointments are scheduled less frequently.
Massage Therapy - Therapist
Spectra Ventures, PLLC
17595 S Tamiami Trail Suite 214
Fort Myers, FL 39908
Phone: (239) 207-4152
FL License: MM36975